My dear and wonderful friend Amber posted a very similar sentiment that I just had to echo.
In my life before Mommyhood I was a licensed marriage and family therapist. I'm still a licensed therapist just an unemployeed one. However it took a master's degree, two years post grad supervision, one killer exam, and $7000 to earn my license. Needless to say I'm motivated to keep said license and do so by attending conferences throughout the year.
I attended a conference this week while the lovely Amber kept and loved Miss C. We left the house at 7:15 and returned home at 6:00. We were in the car an obscene amount of time. I had to find parking near UAB. I did learn a lot and interact with other professionals. I even managed to swing lunch with Hubs. Something I used to be able to do 3-4 times weekly. It wasn't altogether painful. It was educational, in so many ways.
I learned more than 'motivational interviewing with substance abuse clients'. I learned my life and current setup were pretty much as good as it gets. I stay home with someone I am madly in love with. I saw her first roll over, crawl, and walk LIVE. We have no real schedule. Yes we go to MDO. But it's a mile away, and we wear jeans. A couple days even our pajamas. We take naps daily. I have ample time to keep my house and clothes clean, buy our groceries, and run all those necessary errands. My lifestyle also allows time with friends. Someone may get pushy or steal a toy. But we have great snacks and wonderful conversations.
I have lately resented Hubby's "free time". You know, his time in the car, having lunch with adults, trips out of town. It only took one week of conferences to enlighten me. I already have it all. And I have someone who gives me this life willingly and without any resentment.
It never hurts to be reminded how good you really have it. And a thank you wouldn't be uncalled for either.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
The grass really isn't greener
Posted by Audrey at 8:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Amen sister! We are two lucky chicks with hardworking hubbies that allow us to live the SWEET LIFE! Yeah for being a mama!
Post a Comment