not much that's important, newsworthy, or brilliant. Pretty much business as usual.
First I am terrified of the stinking Swine Flu. I typically do not pay attention to these things. I worry more about Miss C escaping from our condo at the beach and plunging to her death. That's what keeps me up at night. So much so that she slept with us two nights and I slept in her room the other three. But I digress. The Swine Flu seems to be running rampant through schools here, and Miss C starts MDO in less than two weeks. And the flu vaccine is not available at her pediatrician until late September. Think she would wear a mask all day at school?
Next random thought-I am so, so, so lucky to be a stay at home mommy. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself, especially when Miss C is being age appropriate. Spending 24/7 with a toddler really can fray your nerves. Then I have a reality check. I attended a conference last week as I'm keeping my license current for when Miss C goes to big girl school. Anyway, my day started at 5:45. I schlepp over to a dear friends house who graciously watched my little monkey for the day. I then head downtown fighting rush hour traffic and pay to park. I sit in a room and learned how to address my anger. This topic is actually interesting and pertinent to my personal life. We break for lunch and I eat a meal with adults and no children. Probably the best part of the day. I return to my seat and realize the 'professional' sitting beside me has bathed in liqour over her lunchbreak. Seriously, I was buzzed just sitting next to her. This typically does not happen at a therapy conference. In fact I would have pegged her for an addictions therapist. Then again maybe she was, just relapsed. Finally the conference is over and I race to my baby. I have missed her. I collect my girl and head home to veg. We leave for the beach in less than two days but I'm pooped from my day. I thank Hubs profusely when he gets home. I know this is a typical, if even easy day for most professional women. They work double time and put me to shame for sure. I love staying home with my little monkey and even a day at her worst is better than anything else.
And finally-we have just returned from the beach. It was heavenly, perfect and over way too soon. I tend to have annoying luck. I wouldn't say 'bad' luck-I am very blessed with a healthy child, hard working hubby, and many other gifts. But if the coke machine is gonna take someone's money, it's gonna be mine. So for us to have a fabulous vacay free from minor annoyances, major victory. And that's just what we had. Our condo was gorgeous. The weather was phenomenal-I never broke a sweat. Miss C played and had nonstop fun which warmed my heart. The restaurants had outside playgrounds to keep Miss C occupied and content. Hubs napped everyday and got caught up on some much needed sleep. I found the Rachel Zoe Project which is mindless, delicious television. It was simply the best vacay we have ever had as a family. As we pulled away I had tears in my eyes. Miss C waved and said, "Bye trip, we'll be back soon!" My sentiments exactly.
Friday, August 28, 2009
So much to say....
Posted by Audrey at 8:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I just read your profile description--who are the hot mess friends you are referring to? I resemble that remark!!
Post a Comment