No, I'm not dead. At least not physically. Mentally yes. As a kid you count down the days to summer vacation. As a parent you spin frantically trying to keep your child stimulated and entertained, hopefully with educational events like trips to the library and nature hikes. Or in my case the free movies and shopping. Now that summer is drawing to a close I feel like I'm regaining my footing.
Plus I'm leaving for the beach soon and nothing can dampen this spectacular mood I am in.
So I'm gonna try and catch up and get back on track. I'm also thinking about a new blog format that is more like Twitter. Little snipets and snatches of my day or whatever fleeting thought I have at that moment. An entire post is just too much for my addled brain at this point and I'm not ready to give up blogging altogether.
So the latest:
Miss C hid today for 5 minutes and I lost at least 20 years of my life from raw terror. She hid well and didn't make a peep, even when I screamed in panic for her. I looked in closets, cabinets, pantries, under beds. Looking back I knew she had not left the house, had to be inside, but I was terrified she had gotten into something-choked, strangled, poisened-that prevented her from speaking. Nope. She was just hiding and popped out like I was not about to collapse.
Words of wisdom:
Miss C: Blankets are scary.
Me: Not really.
Miss C: You're right. But I'll tell you what is scary-vacuum cleaners.
Me: To you and me both sister.
Oh yeah, and the best part of our summer-Miss C is offically potty trained and we may now be able to afford to send her to college. Life is good.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Missing blogging mommy found
Posted by Audrey at 6:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you are back! Your post are always so funny!
well it is about dern time!! but I went awol for a while too so I shall not judge. And this post made me laugh hard enough to forgive your absence :)
Post a Comment