As most of you know, I am a bargain hunter, deal seaker, frugal gal. Let's be honest-I'm cheap. I love having things, but hate spending money. I do love a good deal as well. Why pay more? could be my mantra.
So I live for Wednesdays. That's when Publix lists their new Buy One Get One Free items for the week. Lately they have been in a slump as far as I'm concerned. But today, they brought their A game. They had my all time fave-80 count Lysol wipes BOGO. Plus you can always get a coupon for this online. Being freaked out by all the germs floating around out there, this could not have come at a better time. So I talk myself into just 2 and picked up a couple other goodies like chicken fries and chewies (also for dirt cheap since Publix will double coupons 50 cents and under, but I digress).
This is the embarrassing part. I get to the register and my total is $20.57. Major Dilemma. I have a coupon from an entertainment book for $5 off $25. If I go back for 2 more Lysol bottles I could have them for free. But there's a line behind me and all my stuff is rung up and bagged. I dither, but decide to go for it. "Um, is there anyway I can go add a couple more things? Of course I would get out of line and let all these people have their turn." I may be crazy coupon lady but I'm not my poop doesn't stink lady.
Apparently, I'm not the only dork to pull this stunt. She can save my total and add to it. I'm giddy as I dash off for more Lysol. We sail through a second time and my total comes to $24.55. Seriously? I grab a pack of Fruit Mentos which Miss C loves. Random I know but they are quite tasty. This puts us over the minimum and my total is $20 even.
Sadly, this is the most exciting thing to happen to me all week. Granted Miss C has been under the weather and we have been stuck at home. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this would still have been a highlight regardless. It certainly tops the fabric I purchased to recover my kitchen chairs that I truly hate and will be taking back in hopes of finding something else. Shouldn't be that hard-I've only looked with no hope for the past 2 months.
Ugh, I need a life.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I am so that person
Posted by Audrey at 7:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment