Friday, June 26, 2009

Lessons Learned at Sugarland

I was able to treat myself to a most favorite indulgence~a concert. I love them. Hubs could not care less. I'd go so far as to say he does not care to attend them. Me? I'm a dancing, singing fool, loving every single moment. Sugarland was in town last night and some gal pals and I scored crazy cheap seats so off we went. Little did I know in addition to a rocking good time would I learn or experience so very much.
I quickly learned a $5 Sprite while exhorbitant is necessary at an outdoor concert in 90+ degree heat.
I remembered that despite said heat young love birds will wrap themselves all over one another as their passion will not allow any distance to separate them.
I berated myself for my poor choice in shoes. They seemed a perfect choice as they matched my earrings and necklace making my outfit pop. However a wedge is not conducive to prolonged dancing and booty shaking.
I realized empowering music about love and relationships is fun to sing even when you've been married for 7 years and have a toddler waiting for you at home. In fact it makes you pretty grateful to sing about not settling for anything less than everything.
I accepted my age and generation when the group did a fun medley of songs from 1993 that I loved while the teens and college kids had never even heard the tunes. Some had not even been born in 1993. Return of the Mack was lost on them.
And finally I relished in the security of returning home to Hubs and Miss C. To a toy strewn living room and Miss C not in jammies but the clothes she had worn all day. Just like it should be. My own little Everyday America.

0 comments: