I stay busy. That's not the issue. Maybe it's that my feet and hands stay busy with never ending tasks like laundry, vacuuming (even though I do love it), cooking, running errands, blah, blah, blah. I think now that I do not "work" my mind has way too much time on it's hands.
One of my latest obsessions-Thanksgiving dinner, or rather the setting of Thanksgiving dinner. It's not even at my home-it's at my parents. But I am consumed with the tablescape-how ridiculous do I sound?!
I have easily already shopped 7 hours looking for placemats, tablecloths, table runners, linen napkins, candles, placesettings and on and on. Do you know who will notice? Me, my sis-in-law, probably my grandmother, maybe my mother, definitely not my husband, brother, father, or destructive 2 year old. But I will finish this project. Because without it there is a void of time, space, and energy in my mind that needs to be filled.
What will I do when Thanksgiving dinner is over?
No really, any suggestions?
Sunday, November 16, 2008
(One of) My Latest Obsessions(s)
Posted by Audrey at 9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You can catch my latest obsession--the holiday mantle display.
We were totally ment to be friends because your blog title is uttered from my mouth 20 times a day! It drives Jeremy crazy! Usually it begins with "I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm just saying......." I'm feelin you girl!
Post a Comment