Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday Recap

I do love me some Black Friday. I go with my Dad, Tracy my sis-in-law, and recently The Dirty Thirty aka my brother Russell. Dirty went two years ago and as we passed Walmart at 5:00 am with a full parking lot said, "I have made a terrible mistake." No one could have changed his mind about a repeat. No one except a rowdy little toddler I like to call Miss C. She woke when we were getting ready and true to form could not be convinced to go back to sleep. Clearly something was going on and she did not want to miss it. Hubby slept through it. Why? When its your child and you are
"on-duty" you are hyper sensitive and able to awaken at a moment's notice. When it's your child and you know someone else is "on-duty" you don't give a flip and can sleep through the most horrific wails.
So we hit Walmart at 5:00 for some movies, toddler track suits, a puffy coat for moi, and gifts for SIL's niece and nephew. Quick stop into QuikTrip for a Dr. Pepper and banana-I require constant refueling at o'dark thirty. Onto Target, the first Target we go to. I have never been to this Target on Black Friday and was not impressed. The most minimal stock for the biggest thirty minutes of shopping. Plus my Dad gets rebellious in the midst of all of this and wants to sneak in with the faithful who waited in line, outside, in the dark. I remind him about karma and he says, "Who?"
During the Target fiasco Dirty texts Tracy and grumbles about being awake and unable to go back to sleep. She convinces him to join us at Chick Fil A for a biscuit. Hmm, a biscuit or Miss C? Not a tough choice for Dirty so here he comes.
Onto Target dos where SIL and I find exactly what we could not find at Target uno, but now the line is wrapped around the store. No prob. We hide, and I mean you need a map to find our stash, and head to Ulta for crazy good deals on hairspray and lipgloss. Into Old Navy and quickly back out aagin. Too much chaos. Back to Target 20 minutes later where SIL unearths the stash and walks right up to a lonely cashier. Score.
We hit a few more stores with a few unremarkable purchases. Then we head home. We were gone 5 hours but it is only 10 am. Love it. Miss C has finally settled for a siesta so we follow her lead. Wrap up this day with lunch at Sweet Tomatoes and its pretty much the day I dream about all year.

1 comments:

Amber B. said...

you all are hilarious. i thought i was the only one who hid things in stores. if you ever find something weird, leave it alone. it's probably mine!