Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hubs the Hero

Hubby is a juggler. Whether this is impressive or dorky depends on your style. While dating I found it impressive. I'm leaning towards dorky but this is all beside the point. He is an actual juggler but also a juggler of tasks and responsibilities. He is working about a million hours a week, getting up at 2am to study for work exams and travelling to Knox-vegas weekly. As I type he is vegged out, trying to recoop and destress, watching trash shows on E! about who's a gazillionaire and what they buy with their gazillions. Again beside the point. He had a huge-mongo test last week and passed. Big HOORAY. Big load off. As an *incentive* he got a Visa giftcard to spend...and he's splitting it with me. How sweet is that?! He thinks I worked just as hard to help him pass. He is so very right.
So now my ever spinning mind is thinking of all the fun things I can buy with my share. For once I am being totally selfish and in no way practical. I will of course spend some on Hubs and Stinky C, but NO ONE ELSE. I am not buying one Christmas gift with this loot. I am spending it all on US and could not be more content with this decision.
Mimi told me yesterday the stores are practically giving things away and I so hope this to be true. I may be acting whimisical but that will only go so far. I still want to squeeze every penny out of this loot so I will use every coupon I can find and hit every sale in a 10 mile radius. I almost giddy at the prospect.

1 comments:

Gigi said...

You go for it - you all deserve it! Sometimes you need to be selfish! I am proud you are thinking coupons - you know Amber calls our home "The House That Cheap Built." And it is true - the stores are desperate and that works to OUR ADVANTAGE!
Merry Christmas!