For my birthday Hubs got me a Kate Spade bag. I use the term 'bag' because it was not a purse. It was a cosmetics bag. The cashier warned him of this but he took his chances. Hey anything Kate Spade earns you points. It was super cute, but went back to the store immediately. I decided I would take the amount, add a little and viola! Bliss for me.
The shopping fates shone on me in the form of a 30% off coupon from Kate herself. Off sale items. Halleujah! I order the most fabulous bag originally $395 for the steal of $160. As I have blogged before, I am crazy cheap. But I do know a good deal when I see one. And this cheap girl loves a designer purse.
Because I can't wait to get my grubby paws on it, I'm checking the order's status. Hmm. No where to be found. Don't panic, don't panic. Whatever I'm having a panic attack. After THREE phone calls I learn the order was placed, accepted and then cancelled. Why? No one knows.
Fortunately, they have a record of my order and agree to give me the same deal. Whew. I'd like the gorgeous red leather Tarrytown Quinn bag please. Oops. Kate sold them all. Pardon?! As in no more? As in my order mysteriously gets cancelled, I have to chase the order down, you agree to make it right but cannot because you sold the only bag I wanted out from under me?!!
You cannot imagine my hysteria. Even if you know me intimately you cannot fathom. It's hysteria that is so massive it has turned quiet. A quiet, scheming, death plotting rage. Melodramatic? Absolutely. I wanted that freaking bag. I wanted it bad.
Usually when a company pisses me off I send letters, boycott, and trash them to everyone I speak with. I am not sure I can do that to Kate. She is a dirty, wretched beast of a woman but the broad can make a purse. I'm not saying I would spit on her if she was on fire, but I will probably still give her Hubs hard earned money in the future.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
A moment of silence please
Posted by Audrey at 8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds so shady. Like an employee wanted one and cancelled your order so they could steal it. I would pitch a fit and demand an even better deal on whatever you settle for!!
I think Amber has hit on something! The squeaky wheel (or crazy bitch) gets the oil. I have been known to throw a fit or two myself in the quest for a good deal. You go, girl!
Oh, Gigi. That is fabulous.
So sorry to hear this, Audrey. Crummy, crummy, crummy.
Post a Comment