McDonald's is brilliant. Truly. Here in Birmingham they have any size soft drink for a dollar. I love bargains and I love Dr. Pepper so for me it's wonderful. Miss C and I roll through and get a Dr. Pepper, juice box and sometimes a cookie. Oh yes, Mickey D's has started serving cookies as well and they are pretty much delicious.
So we frequent the McD's in Chelsea a couple times a week. At least. They have a young man experiencing serious gender identity issues, a few rednecks, and him. He is no more than 19 years old tops. Probably still in high school. But my he is a tall drink of water. Cute as a button. As a stay at home mom it is a rare event to be around any man. But a cute little honey with a southern drawl? Pretty much the icing on the $1 drink.
Except this cute, clearly well raised young man with manners ma'ams me every stinking time. I have no intention of running away with him (I don't even know his name-must make note of it next visit). I'm not that pathetic cougar who tries to flirt or make casual conversation. I know I have a child in the backseat, at least one sippy cup and snack trap in the floor, and am wearing a velour yoga suit. But for the love could he not ma'am me and erase all self esteem?
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Did I just get Ma'amed?
Posted by Audrey at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
This is so true. What is it about "ma'am" that is so darn offensive?? Makes me check out my crow's feet in the rearview mirror every single time.
Post a Comment